[jhb_airlines] Horizon Generation X

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 11:57:56 +0000

Swanning along yesterday, whilst trying to locate existin farmstrips, I saw an airfield not in my FSNav Dbase. Unlike the GS fields, it wasn't filled in with green. Not only was the runway very clear but I could clearly see the kerbstones along its edges. Eventually it dawned that it was a single runway, disused airfield. Disused but the definition was so sharp it looked as though it should be in service. It's a bit further West than Perranporth and might be either Porthowan or Portreath. The point is that all it needs to becom FS Active is some runwa edge markers and a WW2 hangar. I might be tempted; particularly if it proves to have a slope. Gordon Luck did some Disused Airfields for FS9 but they would have needed AFCAD's to make them useable.

Anyone tempted to dabble?