[jhb_airlines] Re: Horizon Gen-X scenery

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 18:17:29 +0100

I did but can't remember the solution. Not a novel situation!

I believe the version 2 disks don't have the problem. Worth asking on the Forum though.

Gerry Winskill

Peter Dodds wrote:
Do I remember rightly someone (probably Gerry as he was the Gen-X poneer
here as i recall) having aweful trouble trying to install the original
Gen-X scenery? I can't get volume 3 to install properly at all. The
installer keeps asking for the wrong disk, and if you manually edit
scenery.cfg FSX comes up and tells you that Volume 2 Area 1 is already
installed, and it clearly isn't. FSX bombs out to desktop whenever I get
anywhere near Liverpool.  What was the solution? Or wasn't there one - just
go and get Version 2 disks, which I will anyway but I was trying to get V1
to work.