[jhb_airlines] Highlands

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "JHB Email List" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 18:41:59 +0100

I got emails back from James Howell and Scotflight.

James has uploaded a revised islands scenery and has sent me a copy. I'm not
too happy with it for a couple of reasons. First is that it's now 12Mb as it
now includes the Rwy12 library files that were missing. Second is that he
has included AI plans but in BGL format so they won't integrate with UT. The
other (rather naughty) thing is that he has included three PAI aircraft in
the package and PAI don't allow this. The aircraft are a J31, ATP and DHC6,
complete with a bunch of repaints (BAW, MNX, LOG anf Highlands) but the DHC6
is unusable because he's omitted the Panel, Sound and Model folders.

Iain has written back from Scotflight to say that their eventual aim is to
produce all the Scottish airfields in their package. Work is slow because
Iain is effectively on his own now and trying to keep the scenery amended as
well as extending it. He has said that further airfields are under way
whilst a few more are still awaiting good photographs of the structures. He
doesn't pull any punches though and says he might not have the time to do
the lot.

bones

HC@xxxxxxxxxx
http://fsaviation.net