[jhb_airlines] Re: Help with IVAO LAN installation

  • From: "Mike Brook" <mike.brook@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 17:31:49 +0100

Assuming that you are using WinXP, Start/Run then type "cmd"
(without the quotes) which should open a DOS box.  Type "ipconfig"
(again without the quotes) at the command prompt and you should get
something like this:

C:\>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection 12:

        Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : home

(This is an example from my non-flying remote pc). The IP Address of
the pc that I ran ipconfig on is therefore 192.168.1.64

Yours will almost certainly be different!

M.

Ripley
> Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2007 5:23 PM
> To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [jhb_airlines] Re: Help with IVAO LAN installation
>
> How does one find the IP of the LAN computers? I have always
> had trouble with this.
>
> Denis

192.168.1.64.
> > Like you I have the 'Network Interface' and the 'User Interface'
> > both running on my non-flying pc so, on the 'Network & Multi PC'
tab
> > in 'IvAp - Configuration' I have the following entries in the
'Multi
> > PC setup' box:
> >
> > IP of Flight Simulator PC:  192.168.1.68
> > IP of Network Interface PC: 192.168.1.64
> > IP of User Interface PC:    192.168.1.64
> >
> > This must be set-up identically on both pc's.
> >
> > The order of running each program is described in the manual and
> > must be followed exactly.
> >
> > Good luck!
> >
> > M.

Lucas