[jhb_airlines] Re: Help with IVAO LAN installation

  • From: Mike Lucas <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 17:17:04 +0100

OK - problems #2 and #3 also solved now, by following my hunch and setting Network interface to the FS PC. So first 3 problems caused by errors in the manual .... Not a good start.

Off to see if I can get TS working now. I may be some time.

Mike L

Mike Lucas wrote:
OK - Problem #1 solved by installing MTL on non-FS PC.

Now Problem #2. The manual says that on starting IvAp on FS PC (Network interface and User interface already running on non-FS PC) I should have 3 green lights in the taskbar. Nope - still only one green light.

And problem #3. The manual says that I can now join the IvAp multiplayer session which appears in the Multiplayer Connect dialog box. Unfortunately no such session can be found. (Thinks ...the manual doesn't say this, but I wonder if the Network interface HAS to be on the FS PC? Off to try this now).

Am I the only one who can't get IvAp working? I seem to recall going through these hoops some time ago when FPI fell apart on me and I had to go elsewhere for my online sessions. I couldn't get IvAp working then, so I went to Vatsim instead.

Mike L