[jhb_airlines] Re: Headphone Problems

  • From: "Paul Reynolds" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 19:55:23 +0100

The BIOS (Basic Input Output System) is managed through the set-up screen
which, for a few seconds,  you are normally given an option to access when
you first switch the computer on before it starts loading the operating
system.  If you had your computer built locally there may be a chance the
builder turned off the screen message telling you how to access the BIOS
menus, it's a common trick to get customers  to return to them with any
problems so they can charge you maintenance fees.

If you are not sure then your motherboard manual will tell you how to access
the setup menu and where to find the disable onboard sound option.

For a lot of systems, to access the BIOS is done by pressing either F2 or
the Delete (Del) key. Though over the years I've seen other combinations
such as Shift-F1, Shift-F10, or even Ctrl-Shift-S.

Paul