[jhb_airlines] Hardware preferences

  • From: ErnieLaycock@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 15:32:39 EDT

As you may or may not know,at the moment I am  "grounded",awaiting new
glasses after my second cataract operation.So as I am  off flying for a bit,I
want
to use the spare time productively.
At the moment I am considering if I should "invest" in some  different flying
hardware,and if so What ???
I have a Microsoft Sidewindwer joystick !!! That's it  !!!
My computer is well able to cope with any demands with an AMD  Athlone 2800XP
processor,Latge hard drive,512 RAM and GEForce 5200 graphics  card.
I would seriously like to know from all JHB  pilots,(particularly the "proper
pilots"),is what you use  when you are only virtual pilots.Do you have foot
pedals,and what type  of joystick or other control do you have ???
It might be useful for other virtual non proper pilots to  have this info,so
kindly reply through the jhb airlines address.
I thank you in anticipation of any replies.Costs would also be  very much
appreciated
Cheers
Ernie 156