[jhb_airlines] Re: Gross Weight

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 13:07:06 EST

In a message dated 19/12/2004 17:40:04 GMT Standard Time, bones@xxxxxxx
writes:
explaining Reverse Polish Notation that is used for the gauge  operation. =
Way
beyond me

Bones,

Thanks for that, I'll make a start looking at some XML files.

I have used Reverse Polish Notation, I found it first on HP Calculators  back
in the seventies. I once heard it described using an analogy of the old
sprung plate racks in the canteen, you push things down onto the stack and
they
pop up in the reverse order you pushed them down. The reason for it is that
you can easily write a program to resolve RPN formulae, much easier that to
solve a regular formula, you just continually parse from the top of the stack
downwards until it is exhausted.

Mind you, that was a long time ago..........

Frank T.