[jhb_airlines] Re: Graphics Cards

  • From: franklyn fisher <ff006c5886@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 15:39:09 +0000

Should not be a problem (except for the noise) in my full tower case.
But yes FSX currently does not support SLI/CrossFire, but remember, a patch will be out to for FSX to use the potentional of Win Vista (and dual graphics?). It should be noted, that a pair of lower rated cards, can punch out as much as a single high power card, and could even be cheaper. And you get the dual output. The problem is, that sooner than later, it will be difficult to get mobo's, with a single slot. And don't foget Quad graphics is on the way, including Quad processors.
Frank

Alex - Reheat.org wrote:
Certainly looks powerful but according to some reviews it gives out as much as 35db in noise! I think I'd rather leave it for now ;) you really don't want much more than 17db from a PSU, another thing is that will produce masses of heat. As far as high capacity PSU's go these days if you don't go for one with a modular cable design then you are just blocking the air movement inside your case and with a PSU of over 500W you really don't want to be doing that!

Alex

Andy Berry wrote:
For those wanting the 'ultimate' in power - 1000w! http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?ene-1000&P=4

Andy

Alex - Reheat.org wrote:
Hi Gerry,

I think that is something left over from one of the beta drivers, I remember something about it a while back on a forum as I had the same thing. I re-downloaded the latest drivers and annoying message has now gone.

Its true FSX has no SLI support however I'm not quite sure I'm ready to move to SLI yet as all the people I know who have it running don't get vastly different results for the vastly different pricetags. I think single GPU is probably the way to go.

One thing that is very obvious these days is loads of new components need excessive amounts of power available to them, PSU's have always been ignored by all but the hardcore gamers. I think very soon this will change. If anyone is thinking of upgrading then novatech currently have a 600watt model for sale at only 19GBP

Although for anyone seriously thinking about a new graphics card soon I would highly recommend this one, I put it in all the PC's I build for people, its silent and powerful and I've never had one go wrong yet.

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?HYP-4K580