[jhb_airlines] Re: Graphics Cards

  • From: Andy Berry <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 13:01:01 +0000

For those wanting the 'ultimate' in power - 1000w! http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?ene-1000&P=4

Andy

Alex - Reheat.org wrote:
Hi Gerry,

I think that is something left over from one of the beta drivers, I remember something about it a while back on a forum as I had the same thing. I re-downloaded the latest drivers and annoying message has now gone.

Its true FSX has no SLI support however I'm not quite sure I'm ready to move to SLI yet as all the people I know who have it running don't get vastly different results for the vastly different pricetags. I think single GPU is probably the way to go.

One thing that is very obvious these days is loads of new components need excessive amounts of power available to them, PSU's have always been ignored by all but the hardcore gamers. I think very soon this will change. If anyone is thinking of upgrading then novatech currently have a 600watt model for sale at only 19GBP

Although for anyone seriously thinking about a new graphics card soon I would highly recommend this one, I put it in all the PC's I build for people, its silent and powerful and I've never had one go wrong yet.

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?HYP-4K580

All the best,

Alex

Gerry Winskill wrote:
There isn't and, though it is probably of benefit to FS, the 8800 series' processor is designed with SLI in mind.

SLI has intoduced another irritant; a popup message. Whenever my FS machine boots up I'm warned that sicne I only have one graphics card SLI has been disabled. My mobo only has one PCI-Express x 16 slot, so it should know I can't run SLI. So, what sends me the message?

I thought there was no SLI support in FSX?