[jhb_airlines] Graphics Cards

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 11:37:44 EDT

With all this new FSX stuff around I thought I'd have a look at some new
hardware for later when Windows Vista arrives. One area important for FS is
graphics performance, so I looked at the Dell site, and a nice FS machine
appears
to be their Dimension 9150.

This comes complete with a 256MB nVidia GeForce 7900 GS graphics card, but
it also has the option of adding the AGEIA PhysX physics accelerator. Reading
the blurb for this device, it says it vastly improves the graphics
performance,  but the software has to be written to take advantage of it.

Does anyone know whether FSX can use a physics accelerator?

Frank T.