[jhb_airlines] Re: Google Earth FS

  • From: Alex Barrett <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 19:37:27 +0100

Mike,

It has to be the very latest version for it to work.

Alex

Mike Lucas wrote:
Well, Ctrl+Alt+A does nothing with Google Earth for me ... ??

Mike L

bones wrote:
Absolutely incredible.

The sensation is so real that it beats FS hands down for approximating real world flight. The handling is silky smooth - no frame rate issues - although the controls are a tad over sensitive. Trim works correctly in that as speed is lost in a trimmed climb the trim becomes less effective and you need to wind more on.

You need trim too as the is no auto levelling of the aircraft - it is completely neutrally stable - which most people will think of as unstable.

I guess the best bit is that it's like flying around the photo scenery UK but this level of detail is worldwide - at least to Google's coverage.

Just over Aylesbury and heading north. Brilliant for map reading practise as you don't have GPS or FSNav to cheat with!