[jhb_airlines] Re: Google Earth FS

  • From: Alex Barrett <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 19:05:04 +0100

Bones,

In the news article I heard it on, they said that Google had been questioned and had shown an interest in branching out to challenge Microsoft in the simulation market.
Could be the start of good things for the community!

Alex

bones wrote:
Message
Absolutely incredible.

The sensation is so real that it beats FS hands down for approximating real world flight. The handling is silky smooth - no frame rate issues - although the controls are a tad over sensitive. Trim works correctly in that as speed is lost in a trimmed climb the trim becomes less effective and you need to wind more on.

You need trim too as the is no auto levelling of the aircraft - it is completely neutrally stable - which most people will think of as unstable.

I guess the best bit is that it's like flying around the photo scenery UK but this level of detail is worldwide - at least to Google's coverage.

Just over Aylesbury and heading north. Brilliant for map reading practise as you don't have GPS or FSNav to cheat with!