[jhb_airlines] Re: Generation X photo scenery

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 12:49:41 +0100

Having just spent an hour checking that my farms etc now appear on FSX, I'm not so sure about the viabillity of the Horizon scenery.
On this machine, running FS9, I'm getting 100fps, unless locked down to 30. The most important improvement is, though, the absence of blurries.

Same scenario in FSX and I get a max of around 22fps. When overflying a refinery, or on finals, that drops to 6 to 10 fps. Worse, the blurries are back again.

If it does this with VFR GM, then how bad will it be with the, presumably, higher load of the Horizon photo scenery.

I also noticed that the cars are following the VFR GM UK motorway lanes. A very pleasant surprise is that they are driving on the correct side of the road. Landing at Lymm Dam and Stretton is really enhanced by the cars moving through the line of sight, on short finals.

http://www.visualflight.co.uk/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6253

If you haven't considered dumping your VFGM Photo Scenery then I think the
above may change your mind. Screenshots are of the Horizon photo scenery
set, not that being planned by JustFlight.

bones bones@xxxxxxx http://fsaviation.net