[jhb_airlines] Re: Gauge Calls

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 17:58:00 +0100

I've got a Misc gauge working, with a collection of the bits of data I like to see. I'd used the Trim options but it doesn't seem to react. Also have GMT working, though I can't find Local Time.
Another I'm still wrestling with is Radar Altitude.

Progress being mad though; at last.

Gerry Winskill
gwinsk@xxxxxxx

Bones wrote:

A lot of people are still sticking with GAU files for the simple reason that
they can't be looked at by most FS users. The XML files are open code - we
can all look at them and see how a gauge was made - and borrow the code for
our own dials. Obviously it is the payware people who don't care for this
and so they either stick to GAU or they use XML that links to a DLL file.

For elevator trim there are three variable you can call:

ELEVATOR TRIM PCT
ELEVATOR TRIM INDICATOR
ELEVATOR TRIM POSITION

GMT is a P variable rather than an A variable and you have several choices
for this:

ZULU YEAR
ZULU DAY OF YEAR
ZULU MONTH OF YEAR