[jhb_airlines] Re: GPS Prezzie

  • From: Alastair <algy.mcintyre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 12:23:25 +0100

Any GPS with a serial output will work with MS Autoroute, Personal Navigator, Pocket FMS, Oziexplorer, to give a 'moving map' display. (from personal experience)

Don't know too much about USB or Blue tooth connections for same.

Cheers

Alastair

Gerry Winskill wrote:
Another year less young and one of my new toys is a Garmin Geko 201. They're really intended for cycling, hiking and sailing, to none of which I feel irresistably re drawn!

Now, it will obviously be possible to enter the scheduled stopping places for January's cruise but the mobile-phone-sized display would be a bit sparse. Has anyone experience of linking one of these things to a laptop based Interactive World Atlas or, better still, to FSNav?

Off to look for rechargeable AAAs and charger, since an hour seems to be about battery life. Why is it most presents I get seem to involve me in additional expense? Some variation on Sod's law?

Gerry Winskill
gwinsk@xxxxxxx