[jhb_airlines] G-HURR Down at Shoreham

  • From: Alex Barrett <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 17:33:29 +0100

Title: Untitled Document
Hawker Hurricane MK XII  "G-HURR" has just crashed this afternoon not 10 miles from my house while partaking in the BoB day celebration as part of Shoreham Airshow.

About 1 mile from the airfield while in a mock Dogfight with a Me-109.

My girlfriends father, who was there, said it banked at about 70 degrees before going into a near vertical dive all the way down to the ground.

The pilot is said not to have survived according to the airfield staff.

About 10 minutes later 2 Spitfires from the BoB Memorial flight flew over in Missing Man formation and caused quite a few tears in the audience.

Very sad indeed.

Alex
--
Alex Barrett