[jhb_airlines] Re: GA Twin Needed

  • From: "Fred Stopforth" <fredstopforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 21:22:58 +0100

Thanks for that info.  Fred
To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2008 8:33 PM
Subject: [jhb_airlines] Re: GA Twin Needed

You can fly the Seneca in IVAO but select the PA30 or Baron in the flight
plan as the nearest comparable aircraft (better than the AN2!). In the
Remarks column just add a note to show what you are really flying:
TYP/PA34 Seneca.

Flaps always produce extra lift as well as drag. If you don't slow down to
correct flap deployment speed first all aircraft will rise as the flaps go
out - and only descend again as speed comes down. Always check the flap
speeds for each aircraft you fly and don't forget that each stage may have
different speed limits. For example on the Aztec we have to be below 141kts
to lower 1/4 flap, reduce to 123kts for half flap and can only drop full
flap below 108kts.

http://woodair.net