[jhb_airlines] Re: From small acorns..

  • From: Alastair <algy.mcintyre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 09:12:38 +0100

Hi Paul

I noticed a 'small' drop in frame rates when engaging FSInn, but perhaps that can be expected for any ATC client.

Maybe when viewing a lot of other MP aircraft on the ground, for example, the drop in frame rates could be a lot more (to be expected).

It may well be because of the manner in which FSInn renders other MP aircraft.

There is an option in FSInn to limit the number of MP planes displayed, and also maximum range.

Having a quick glance through the FSInn Forum I can't see any reference to adverse frame rates, which would seem to speak for itself

Cheers

Alastair

Paul wrote:
FSInn vs Squawkbox 3 was covered in the July/Aug PC Pilot, they say FSInn
hammered framerates on their test machine from 25fps to as low as 5 but they
were opening multiple windows (including TCAS).  Not sure if there's a
network install option for FS Inn which may resolve this.  For those
considering FSInn, it's supposedly runs on all Winows platforms from 98 on.

Oddly enough, the article was primarily about flying online with VATSIM but
on the cover disk they included FPI files!