[jhb_airlines] From small acorns..

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "JHB Email List" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 04:15:00 +0100

Phil sent me a 45k file the other day to bung on my web site. I didn't have
an obvious slot for this (being a VATSIM related file) so instead of a
simple link and upload it turned into something a bit bigger.

I thought it best to create a new VATSIM page. That done it didn't look
quite like the others so I started changing text elsewhere too. This spread
through the whole site as I realised fonts and colours were different
everywhere. 165 pages later I thought I'd finished but then I spotted some
dead ends and some duplication.

Two days later Phil's file is now online. It's on a web site that has 165
pages, 454 pictures and a horrifying 82Mb of downloads. It's turning into a
monster.. <g>

Oh yes..  Phil's file is for the VATSIM JHB AI aircraft fleet - a seven
texture set that will coat a lot of the SB3 VIP AI aircraft in JHB colours.
Just read the install carefully as it is a 3 stage process - dropping the
textures into FS, adding new sections to the VIP aircraft.cfg file and,
finally, adding the SMS data to SB3 so it will transmit the JHB details to
other users.

Phil has also repainted the PMDG B737-900 in JHB colours too which completes
their Boeing collection.

Both files are on the JHB pages although you might have to hunt for them as
a lot of page names have changed. The former is in the JHB Aircraft section,
the latter in the JHB Online section.

Many thanks to Phil for his sterling work here..

bones

HC@xxxxxxxxxx
http://fsaviation.net