[jhb_airlines] Re: Forums

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 11:52:49 +0100

That's easy; Excellent!

Of course in part that impression is influenced by the enthusiasm of the posters.

Just a pity you're not all on IVAO....... Forget I spoke since the situation works both ways.

Gerry Winskill

Peter Dodds wrote:
Cix VFR Club use one - free code to set up a forum on your own web site. http://www.simplemachines.org
We do have to (choose to) modify it from time to time, (which is allowed)
and we have an inhouse php expert who does it.  Gerry is a member - he can
tell you what it's like (I'm biassed).

Southport and Merseyside Aero Club use a Yahoo Group. So far, in 3 years,
it hasn't been hacked and works pretty well, and is extremely easy to set
up - but it isn't within your website of course.