[jhb_airlines] Re: Fokker F70

  • From: gwinsk@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 15:48:36 -0000

It looks as though the figures permit weight as a tradeoff for range. In itself
that's not
unreasonable but eliminating cargo doesn't permit max fuel with max pax.

I got my figures from the FS9 Aircraft Fuel and Payload section. Although the
Aircraft.cfg
fuel figures seem not to agree with the Menu data, if the US Gals are didided
into the
Menu max allowable fuel wt, then it uses an assumed 6.6 lbs per US Gal, which
isn't
unreasonable.

If I load the Swissair Tay-620, then the Default lods are as follows. I've put
my revised
figures alongside, in brackets.

Empty                      60631      (60631)
Payload                   21194      (14665)
Fuel                         22699      (22699)
Gross AUW           104524      (97995)
Max Gross               98000      (98000)
Max Allowable Fuel 16715      (22696)

Pilot                      165      (165)
Co Pilot                165      (165)
Cabin Crew          495      (495)
Pax Wt               17922     (13600)
Cargo Wt             2447      (240)

Overload              6525       Nil

Fiddling with the load is a small price to pay, for such a satisfying model.

Gery Winskill
gwinsk@xxxxxxx