[jhb_airlines] Re: Fokker F70

  • From: gwinsk@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 07:56:13 -0000

The same comments apply to the F100. I think the ROC priority is an FS9 fault.
Did you check the weights, before T/O ? In the case of the F100 it is grossly
overloaded,
as standard. With full pax and fuel, I've had to reduce cargo weight to 240lbs
and Pax
Wt to 13600 lbs, to get down to max AUW. At that wt, with the listed 8 deg
flap, it gets
off at Belfast City with no runway left, which doesn't sound too realistic. To
get it to
maintain list climb speed, before the change in load, I'd had to apply about
1.4 Thrust
Scalar. Before that the climb speed would fall to about 145 kias. With the
revised load
it's OK up to about FL 250, after which I have to reduce to 1500 fpm; speed is
still a bit
low. At FL290, at listed cruise of m=0.70, it's using N2=93%, which, again,
seems a bit
high. Overall, it's probably still a bit underpowered for its aerodynamics.
What N2 would
be reasonable, for listed cruise speed?
 F70 and F100 use the same panel and the inbuilt wind gauge seems to agree with
FSNav and Shift Z for direction but not speed. On, or near, the ground they
seem to
agree, so perhaps it's designed only for ground level windspeed. I can't spot
the integral
wind gauge so perhaps it's part of the display, rather than following the more
common
convention of displaying a separate gauge, within it. Since I can't identify
and eliminate
it, I've placed my normal wind gauge to appear immediately to its left.
Overall, it's rapidly become my first choice medium range jet. I particularly
like it's
stabillity, on a manual ILS approach. On short finals the F100 is a bit
different to the
masses in that aeleron track corrections have to be more sensitively handled
and
anticipated.

Gerry Winskill
gwinsk@xxxxxxx