[jhb_airlines] Re: Floor mounted joystick.

  • From: "franklyn fisher" <ff006c5886@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 16:13:42 -0000

Peter
Sounds as though you are trying to constuct your own version of the 'Copycat system' I think that is who I am thinking of, whereby they use a modified Saitek stick as the base unit.

The alternate, is to extend the stick, such as for a Chopper control, after all, you do not need a lot of movement to get the reaction. Would be a lot cheaper and easier to construct. Put a double bend in the extention, so that the base is in front of your feet.( or mounted on the pedal base). Only necessary to extend the wiring, and place the grip on the top of the extention.

Been thinking of doing it my self sometime.

Frank

Ps personal email on its way as well.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Dodds" <pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>