[jhb_airlines] Re: Floor mounted joystick.

  • From: Kev Townsend <175@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 01:39:45 +0000

Might a tomtom GPS type holder fit the bill?

Interesting project here <http://www.mikesflightdeck.com/collective.htm>

Kev T
At 14:27 12/14/2006, you wrote:
This project of mine is progressing. I have dismantled the Microsoft joystick and converting it to floor mounting is, in fact going to be quite easy. However I need a reasonably solid gimbal mount for the new joystick. The idea is to mount the new stick about 4 inches up its shaft on the gimbals, and the short "tail" beneath the gimbal will operate the stub shaft of the original Microsoft unit, connected via a ball joint at such a position as to get the correct movement ratio
at the top of the new handle.  This can be calculated quite easily.

Can anyone point me at a source of a simple cheap gimbal - perhaps the sort of thing used to hold up
yacht bulkhead lamps, without paying chandlery prices!