[jhb_airlines] Floor mounted joystick.

  • From: pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Dodds)
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 14:27 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

This project of mine is progressing.  I have dismantled the Microsoft joystick
and converting it to
floor mounting is, in fact going to be quite easy.  However I need a reasonably
solid gimbal mount
for the new joystick.  The idea is to mount the new stick about 4 inches up its
shaft on the
gimbals, and the short "tail" beneath the gimbal will operate the stub shaft of
the original
Microsoft unit, connected via a ball joint at such a position as to get the
correct movement ratio
at the top of the new handle.  This can be calculated quite easily.

Can anyone point me at a source of a simple cheap gimbal - perhaps the sort of
thing used to hold up
yacht bulkhead lamps, without paying chandlery prices!