[jhb_airlines] Re: Flight Sim show - Birmingham

  • From: "Mike Brook" <mike.brook@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 15:59:12 -0000

Alex -

Right.  Grant & Stefan are in the 'Express By Holiday Inn' (stupid name)
which is in the Birmingham suburb of Hall Green and on the main A34
Stratford to Birmingham road.  (Actually not a million miles from where I
live!).  They will need to drive South on the A34, join the M42 heading
North (left) at Junction 4 and should then leave the M42 at J6 for the NEC
(well signposted).  Easy, peasy.  You, unfortunately, are really in the
sticks!  Your hotel is near Junction 2 on the M5, some 25 miles from the
NEC.  You'll need to drive South on M5 to Junction 4A, then North (left)
onto M42 until you also reach J6 for the NEC.  Alternatively, you could try
going North on the M5 from J2 to the M5/M6 interchange (M5 J8/M6 J8) and
then head South on M6 to join M42 at J4A then M42 South to J6 - but I
wouldn't recommend it!

Although I won't be able to help at all in the way of transport please
contact me off-list if I can help in any other way.  On a serious note, have
you tried changing your reservation to the Hall Green hotel?  It would be SO
much more convenient...

MikeB