[jhb_airlines] Re: Flight Sim show - Birmingham

  • From: Phil Reynolds <phil.reynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 13:21:11 +0000

Hi Mike,

I'm not sure on car park prices at the airport these days, but you are correct that there is a free air-rail link from the airport to Birmingham International Railway Station, then a relatively short walk down to hall 3a.

Note that MAGLEV got replaced years ago due to it being so unreliable. I can recall at least 4 times when I was on it and it shut down in mid journey, sending the car crashing down to the ground and stopping rather quickly!

The NEC car parking, whilst physically being located further from the halls have regular shuttle buses to the main entrance which is an even shorter walk to hall 3a than the one previously mentioned in the airport option. I believe the cost for car parking at the NEC will be £7 per car, which may well work out cheaper the the airport long stay.

I won't be attending due to my achilles injury :-(

Cheers

Phil

Mike Lucas wrote:
Can those of you on the list who plan to be at next weekend's Flight Sim show at the NEC indicate whether you will be there on Sat 2 Dec or Sun 3 Dec - so that we can try to fix a time and place (?Pilot Club stand?) to meet.

I'm not familiar with the NEC and its parking but it looks from the plan that Hall 3A is actually closer to the airport parking than the NEC parking. Can Phil / Mike B who are locals say whether this would make sense? I am certainly familiar with EGBB airport parking, and there is the maglev link from T1 to the railway station / NEC.

Look forward to meeting some of you next weekend.

Mike L