[jhb_airlines] Re: Flight Report - 037G

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 04:47:39 +0100

Ah - the infamous grain silo's at Popham! The rather good map in
Pooley's is a good guide as to how to get into that airfield..

I hope you haven't missed all my other postings about FPI but I am
aiming for regular Tuesday night sessions. This coming Tuesday is going
to be busy as the KLM VA are intending to "visit" the UK in numbers and
should nicely complement our JHB crews. More on this in a separate
email.

I don't know what the Squirrels have as standard equipment but if the
police models are fitted with AUTO STAB then they can indeed set it up
very nicely for stationary flight. I don't recall if the pilot has to
compensate for wind manually or if this is built into the system - I
suspect the latter. They have the advantage of those perspex panels at
floor level that makes it much easier to lock visually onto a point and
keep it in sight.