[jhb_airlines] Re: Flight Project International - All Please Read

  • From: DFlybirds@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 14:30:01 EDT

All

Very sad to hear about FPI but not completely unexpected. I must admit a  few
months ago with little traffic even at our Wednesday sessions I was
beginning to ask myself was it worth it - but I stuck with it.

I think if I was in the same position as the providers I would have pulled
the plug long ago with that sort of money being spent. Credit to them for
sticking with it for so long despite their sometimes quirky decision  making.

What am I going to do on a Wednesday night? Many of you have already said
that it was as much about meeting and chatting with people as about flying and
ATC. I think I might give VATSIM a go - flying first then perhaps ATC.
Unfortunately having just started my own business back in May I'm not sure how
much
time I can devote to learning the VATSIM ATC ropes.

I'm pleased that there will be some contact maintained through the JHB  list.

Look forward to seeing you all on Wednesday - remember its a hectic cockpit
workload in this event so pilots keep those emotions under control. ATC never
have their emotions under control

Regards

Dave