[jhb_airlines] Re: First Horizon Rant

  • From: "franklyn fisher" <ff006c5886@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 19:59:02 -0000

Another  comvert
  From: Alex - Reheat.org
  To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, November 19, 2006 7:50 PM
  Subject: [jhb_airlines] First Horizon Rant

  Well I must admit I am almost converted, have been flying around the south of
england with only a few minor bugs to piddle me off with this absolutely
stunning scenery.

  So much was I pleased that I planned a proper flight, EGKA to Bewl Water, off
the ground at EGKA, turn right at MID, everyone happy until about 4 minutes
later when I check my stopwatch, look at my kneeboard and start to doubt my
navigation... off to my right should be Ardingly reservoir... but it isn't,
about 15nm ahead should be Bewl.... the largest body of water South of
Birmingham, but it isnt. I dial into Seaford and Detling and I'm where I think
I am, and where I should be...but no water!

  Check the top down view.absolutely no reservoirs within 200 miles!  nothing
even mildly blue... check the GPS... apparently everywhere south of london city
is  flooded according to the GPS so that is no good (!?!?!) just tried to post
on the Horizon forums  but no..got to wait for my account to be activated by
admin...which has been pending since 11am this morning.

  Absolutely stunning visuals when it works...but where it doesn't its abysmal.
I seriously can't believe that there was ANY beta testing of this product at
all. Its going to be stunning when it is fixed but until then, I really do want
my money back.

  Alex

16:48