[jhb_airlines] Re: Firefox

  • From: "Mike Lucas" <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 18:54:23 -0000

I suppose I'm a little surprised that you've only just discovered Firefox,
John <g> - it's been available in stable form for some time.  The Beeb are a
bit behind too.  I've been using it for at least a couple of years - much
lighter on its feet than IE, more configurable.  Unfortunately you'll need
to keep IE to be able to access some sites which are written in
non-standards-compliant code (usually a result of using a MS product) which
requires an equally non-standards-compliant browser.  And, of course, you'll
still need IE to be able to get all those MS security fixes.

I use Firefox for 99% of any browsing I still do in Windows, and 100% under
Linux.

Mike