[jhb_airlines] Re: Firefox

  • From: Mike Lucas <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 17:19:33 +0000

Bones

Opera has offered that 'restore previous session' trick for some time.

The review of FF2 which I read recently (admittedly in a Linux mag) was a tad "faint praise" and pointed out that the Gecko rendering engine which it uses is still not passing the ACID rendering tests and standards (mind you, neither does IE - but Opera and Konqueror do).

Mike L

Bones wrote:
I only just got the announcement yesterday so how long have you had it for?
Where you on the beta team?

I was running far too much stuff on this PC late last night and it locked on
me. At the time Firefox was open with about four tabs active. On reboot I
fired the browser up again and it asked if I wanted to restore the previous
session. That was new to me and being a curious chap I said yes. A couple of
seconds later all four tabs were back on screen all showing the pages I'd
been looking at when the system crashed. That was neat.

bones

-----Original Message----- From: jhb_airlines-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jhb_airlines-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of franklyn fisher Sent: 31 October 2006 15:32 To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [jhb_airlines] Re: Firefox

Benn running it for some time now Bones, including Thunderbird. Get ahold of MozBackup though, saves both to a restore file. Frank