[jhb_airlines] Re: Feeling 'Umble

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 15:28:02 +0100

Truth is Gerry that MS usually pitch the sim at projected hardware about
12/15 months into the life of the sim.

Alan has already posted a possible hardware profile and I'd tend to agree
with him. As well as the high end CPU, Raptor drives, 2Gb RAM and 600w PSU
he also suggests that Vista will be best with HD capability and so a HD DVD,
HD VGU and HD monitor are further items to go on the list. Quote:

"Vista supports high definition and High definition DVD drives for PC's will
be available soon BUT, unless your card is HDCP compliant, you won't be able
to see High definition pictures and your DVDs will only play back in
standard definition.

Also, you will need an HDCP compliant monitor or projector attached to your
HDCP compliant graphics card for the same reason."

Truth is that this Vista/FSX upgrade is going to cost a bomb in hardware
upgrade to run well.