[jhb_airlines] Feeling 'Umble

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: JHB AIRLINES <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 22:17:35 +0100

I've felt quite extravagant in buying the TripleHead 2Go and another 1Gb of RAM.
With the possibillity of a future upgrade, if I ever buy FSX, I'd been wondering what spec I should aim for. I know I'm not alone in trying to aim high enough but not too high, whilst keepimg the price tolerable.

I've just been browsing through postings on the Matrox TripleHead forum and stumbled across a thread on members' machine specs. ,I don't think I can bear to go past the first posting, with the spec listed below. We FS users are scratching the surface of obsession. Serious gamers seem to be from a different planet. How about the following for a spec. If anyone has the nerve to calculate a probable cost.....

Gerry Winskill

Post <viewtopic.php?p=95209#95209>Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote <posting.php?mode=quote&p=95209>
Hi Haig,

I'm building my monster right now and hopping to try the TrippleHead2Go with it. Here is what i got so far.

Tyan K8WE Mobo
2 Dual Core Opteron 270
8Gb of Kingston HyperX Reg ECC DDR400 (8 sticks of 1Gb)
4 WD RaptorX Drives (Going to run them in RAID 5)
Areca SATA PCI-X-133 RAID Controller with Built in CPU
PC Power & Cooling 1KW PSU SLI Ready

Sometime this month nVidia 7900GTX GPU's are ganna hit the market and i will be getting 2 of them from BFG to complete this beast.

Because i want to use all 5 of my screens for this system do you think it will be possible to use DualHead2Go with TrippleHead2Go on the same system. According to nVidia with the new driver SLI will soon support Dual Display.

I also really hope Matrox will add 64bit too. this system will be completely 64 bit compatible and optimized and it will be nice to take advantage of it.
2 x Opteron 270 • Tyan K8WE • 8Gb Kingston HyperX • 2 x BFG 7900GTX SLI • Matrox TH2G • Areca SATA RAID • 4 x WD RaptorX RAID6 • Creative X-FI Elite Pro • Klipsch 5.1 Ultra • PC P&C 1KW PSU • 3 x Samsung 19" LCD • The System is Fully Water Cooled