[jhb_airlines] Re: Faster Than Expected

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 21:26:43 +0000

Nothing to do with the topic but I found it funny.

In a recent posting to the Horizon forum one punter was ecstatic because he had all three volumes installed and couldn't find any problems. OTOH, I'd found water all over the lakes and this rectangle of water covering Wigan, St Helens etc. I'd also spotted that MS's intellegent AG had placed a yacht on it.

The situation was much more graphically described by the punter who, when I checked whether he really did have a trouble free Vol 3, replied that he'd now flown to the area , found the water and, to his amazement "there were already bastards sailing on it"!

So much more descriptive than my feeble efforts.

More strength to his elbow.

Gerry Winskill

Gerry Winskill wrote:

The APM20 that I use, in modified form, does 130 kias, at my usual cruise settings. In FSX, on a couple of occasions, it's considerably exceeded this, on the same settings. At the time it's bee held at 3000', by the Auto Pilot. The increased speeds have been accompanied by a definite nose down attitude; confirmed by looking via Spot Plane view.

Could it be that FSX has had significant upcurrents in the areas I was passing through?