[jhb_airlines] Re: Faster Than Expected

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 20:13:35 -0000

It could be - which makes flight performance testing even more difficult.
For proper aircraft perf testing all weather will have to be turned off.

We once caught some ridge updrafts at FL100 near the Lake District that were
giving us over 1000fpm climb rate. To maintain FL100 the nose had to be
pointing down a bit and speeds were up from 180kts to 220kts. Good fun
though.