[jhb_airlines] Re: Farmstrip Flyin

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 16:38:18 +0000

A quick check on FSMeteo shows it's chucking it down! I'll use its wind of 25 at 200 deg T, with scattered clouds at 5000' I'll get destination weather from FPI, later.

Gerry Winskill

Gerry Winskill wrote:

Since SWMBO is out this evening, and since I wish to lock myself away from blackmailing trick-or-treaters, I'll do a VFR map reading cross country, this evening.
I'll fly from Rosemarket, in Pembrokeshire, to Lymm Dam, just off the M56, West of Manchester Airport. I'll fly on FPI.

Anyone wishing to drop in to Lymm is welcome, provided you pick somewhere other than Rosemarket as a start point.

If you start from South of Manchester then the approach to Lymm is Northward, through the Manchester Low Level Corridor, from Oulton Park VRP, until you're due west of Stretton, before striking across country, to Lymm. Max height in the corridor is 1250'.
If there's anyone on Manchester ATC, you'll need clearance before leaving the corridor for Lymm.

If you're coming from the North, you can seek your own way through the controlled airspace labyrinth.

If running ahead of target 2100 Local ETA, I'll fit in an en route landing and takeoff.

The destination is 8 dme, 281 deg from the MCT VOR. It's to the North of the M56, between motorway and Lymm village; biggish village!