[jhb_airlines] Re: Farm Strips Campaign

  • From: Mike Lucas <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 09:33:32 +0100

Gerry

Thanks for that further info on your farm strips. It confirms what I suspected in relation to the NDBs and FSNav. I have already removed the NDBs to a separate folder which I didn't register with FSNav - so I was a bit underwhelmed when they appeared. My next move was to try parking them somewhere else completely, even deleting their BGLs, and re-running FSNav's DB. (I would have tried this last night but instead I ended up reinstalling the new version of FSInn and playing with it - fine with Vatsim, but it wouldn't connect to Bones' recalcitrant server). So NDB removal is this morning's first chore. Presumably this FS removal for the sake of FSNav could be the reason that they don't display in FSC ...?? Is it just me, or are Windows apps increasingly trying to be all things to all men, but only succeeding in not really doing what you want them to, and doing what you don't want them to ... ??

Mike L

Gerry Winskill wrote:
Just a few further thoughts re flying Farm Strips. Some of you will already be familiar with the points but others may

not.