[jhb_airlines] FW: JHB/FPI/ATOC Query

  • From: "Mike Brook" <mike.brook@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JHB Airlines" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 00:29:41 +0100

This reply to Mike may be worth reading by everyone else with full or
partial FPI connection problems.

You seem to be set up as FPI like it with ATOC installed on the same
machine as the Internet connection and FS on the second machine.
Weather
can be ignored for now because the software for the pilot module is
still being worked on. The weather servers are in place and they are
even operational sometimes but the data can only be retrieved on the
controller software.

The missing charts issue is something that has cropped up before but
can't recall who had this problem and how it got fixed. I've been
pouring over the FPI forum for help with Kevin's and Colin's problems
and the suggested help is rather confusing in that Stefan is
suggesting
different fixes to different users. These include dumping Zone Alarm,
set up fixed rather than dynamic IP Addresses, not using crossover
cables for home LAN's, setting up a proxy server and, finally,
removing
ATOC V1.9c and going back to V1.9.

One very detailed thread on IP Addresses and ports can be found at
http://fpi.globalgamer.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3015&sid=75c44802a0f
c8f
6e499060bc9d5e2f2a
It's rather long and full of graphics but it is worth the time to
read
through it. About halfway down the postings drift a bit off topic but
then there are a couple of really useful ones - including a pictorial
diagram of how FPI have set up their servers. Look for the post by
Ronald Vermeij about DirectX and how it can bu**er your settings up.