[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX's GPS - The boring bit

  • From: Mr Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 17:47:16 +0100

Sorry, no screenshot.
It's the fifth digit wot does it. PFD reading 19,000 looks like 29,000 on the
analogue.

Second flight and the Airbus needs serious tweaking. On the glideslope with
gear and full flap down, it's far too fast with the throttle closed. In manual,
on ILS, the elevators are far too sensitive and it leaps about.
I did the first circuit on autothrottle, set at a reasonable 135kias. A
combination of the AOA it needed to get down to 135, plus the fact the eyepont
can't be adjusted, and I didn't see the runway until I touched down. A second
attempt was needed. Once down and the reverse thrust is woefully inadequate.
I'll try to get the Aerodesigns, JHB, A320 in and see if that will work.

Gerry Winskill

NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net