[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX's GPS

  • From: "Alex - Reheat.org" <Alex@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 14:43:40 +0100

Gerry,

That would be because a real FMC wouldn't use the heading bug to guide the aircraft, it is driven by the IRS which is tied into the FMC.

I've been playing with the GPS this morning and it is far superior to the FS2004 one. A lot more intuitive to use and has more of the real units features. It will be a very powerful navigation tool for those who choose to use it. I for one will be giving it some time over the next few weeks and would like to get a tutorial done for the UK Airspace site on its use.

However I may try and rope someone else into doing that! ;)

Alex

Mr Winskill wrote:
Right; reached the next waypoint and it made the requisite 90 deg turn. The odd thing is that it does this, unlike FSNav, without changing the Autopillok's Heading setting...

I intended to print out the GPS lesson but my FS machine isn't, yet, linked to the printer. I'll see if it can be isolated and copy to my other machine.