[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX multiplayer - the easy way.

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 11:27:31 +0000

Doh. I never as any good at initiative tests and fall at the first hurdle.
I haven't spotted the MP option in FSX. Where is it hiding?

Gerry Winskill

Peter Dodds wrote:

You are, to me at least, slightly incoherent.
It's the red wine y'know.
I will assume you have not used FSInn before - so forgive some of the instructions below if you have.

Download FSCopilot from the FSFDT website www.mcdu.com
(Go to the Downloads tab)
You need FSCopilot 1.6 and FSInn 1.2
Also download the pdf manuals for both programmes (further down the page)

Uninstall any existing FSInn software you have.
Install FSCopilot first - follow the instructions, accept all defaults.
Install FSInn, accept all defaults, say "Yes" to entering previous Vatsim details, but don't select three networks to connect to, just move on past that screen.

In "All Programs", click on FSFDT and double click "Control Panel"
It will appear minimised in the taskbar as a little rectangle of red and green
diamonds
Start FSX. You will be asked if you want to trust the addon which is trying to be installed. Say yes.
Start FSInn from "All Programs"/FSFDT
Configure Control Panel and FSInn in accordance with the manual. To open the taskbar control panel, just click the taskbar icon ONCE. In setting up Control Panel Voice, untick the boxes Enable Roger Wilco ( Vatsim don't like it) and Enable Teamspeak (that is for IVAO who use TS as their ATC voice software). Ignore references to VVL - that is the FSInn voice module and it works automagically).

You can set a PTT button on your yoke and your keyboard from within Control Panel look at the "Voice/Vatsim/Keymappings" screen Connect to Vatsim in the FSInn Control panel - this is the one which you see when you start FSInn
(I know - 2 Control Panels - a definite receipe for confusion)

Control Panel (the one in the taskbar) should now Look on Servinfo, and you should be on the list.