[jhb_airlines] FSX multiplayer - the easy way.

  • From: pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Dodds)
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 17:42 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

Well! you could blow me down with a feather.  I fired up FSX at lunch time, and
desultorily tried to
connect to Vatsim on my other PC using FSInn (Just installed v1.2) - what a
larf - it weren't ever
gonna werk - remotely.
However, as it loaded, FSX reported a new addon - did I want to trust it, it
said? What's that all
about? Gotta be a bad omen, anyway!

Then the next thing up comes FSInn indicating in its Control Panel that I was
connectedto FSX.  Huh!
Don't believe THAT!  2 clicks on the FSInn window and hey presto I was
connected to Vatsim.  Don't
believe that either.  Check Servinfo - Yup - there I was.  Fly round a bit -
Yup, Servinfo is
showing my position.  Shirley I must have FS9 running in the background?
Shirley there's
another G-GYAV? Nope.  It has to be FSX working with Vatsim. First shot.

To say I'm amazed is the understatement of the year.

Frame rates down to 5 - 14 though.

Peter
Us pessimists take a lot of convincing!