[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX and all that

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 13:52:14 +0000

No thanks to GF but my setup is useable in FSX.
The problem of runaway and or insensitive dials, accompanied by the Autopilot module freezing, seems to have gone. The same problem appeared in FS9 and GF reckoned it was down to incompatibillity with the mobo chipsets. I tried their workaround of connecting the AutoPilot via its own USB 1.1 Controller card. That only increased the severity of the problem. I've now connected that module directly to one of the mobo's integrated USB 2 sockets. Nothing else connects via this one and the problem seems to have been solved. The other one, specific to FSX, is the fact that the GF-45 unit's left knob now controlls the first two frequency digits. The right hand knob controls the third digit and, when setting ADF, decimal point But for the non-appearance of the decimal place.. I've got around that by including an ADF gauge in the panels. This displays the decimal place as well, so I just watch the gauge when turning the right hand knob. The Xponder setting is different in FSX. It works the same way as the ADF setting. Once spotted and that one isn't a problem. GF were supposed to have produced a second patch by last week. No sign yet.

The unregistered version of the latest FSUIPC release will work with FSX but, if you normally use the stand alone Autosave .dll, the bad news is that it's now an integral part of the registered version of FSUIPC; the FS9 / FS2002 version won't work.

Since I'm now going to try FS Commander, I'll need to use WideFS, which, in turn, apparently requires the registered version of FSUIPC. I've not yet checked but I guess I'll be having to pay for registered versions of each. I'll also need to pay for FS Commander, since that trips after 35 minutes, if unregistered.

OTOH, I could stick with FS9 for Long distance flying, on-line, or learn to use the GF1000 as it's meant to be used.

Gerry Winskill

Tom Smith wrote:

how are you finding the go flight gear.what about fsuipc is it needed .Paul if you are about is fscommander any thing like fs nav
Tom----- Original Message ----- From: "Gerry Winskill" <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>