[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX and all that

  • From: "Alex - Reheat.org" <Alex@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 10:29:24 +0000

Hi Gerry,

Yes it can if you use FSUIPC/WideFS

I have always preferred FSC over FSNav. Just a personal preference thing I imagine but I find it imports and exports to other flight planners etc easily too.

Alex

Gerry Winskill wrote:
If run on a second, networked machine, will it exercise FMC contol over a flight on the other machine. If so it would meet my needs for both FS9 and FSX. At present I'm running FSNav on the second machine, when using FSX, but only as an on screen chart.

Gerry Winskill

Mike Lucas wrote:

Tom

FSCommander is very similar to FSNav in many, indeed most, respects. The one key difference is that it runs outside FS9 itself, not as a module within FS9.  This means that, if you have a LAN, you can offload FSCommander on to the other PC.  From my little experience of FSC, it seems to deal with AI aircraft and other multiplayer aircraft better than FSNav, and has one or two little refinements that I don't think FSNav has (or at least I haven't found them in FSNav).

I can e-mail you the FSC manual off-list if you're interested.

Mike L

Tom Smith wrote:

how are you finding the go flight gear.what about fsuipc is it needed .Paul if you are about is fscommander any thing like fs nav