[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX and Generation X

  • From: pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Dodds)
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 12:05 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

> The rolling South West countryside has lots to see. In the St Mawgan
> area the photoscenery now really does justice to the clag mines and
> spoil heaps, which are quite spectacular in real life.

It's a surprisingly long way to Lands End from anywhere civilised, but it is
nice country, if a bit
bleak once you get into the tin belt.
The area is prone to sudden arrival of low cloud and is a bit tricky for VFR
flight, even on good
days.  I got caught with a big lump in front of me when I went down there, and
turned right to avoid
it.  I was on a RIS from St Mawgan, and he immediately came on the blower "You
have just turned
towards our airspace 1 mile range - where are you going? (sort of thing)" He
was happy to give me a
transit when i explained.