[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX XML Gauges

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 16:43:07 -0000

Not strictly true as it depends on the radio fitted to the aircraft. In
FS2004 you had the choice of creating a single channel radio or a dual
channel. The code for the former was easy as it was direct input but if you
had a dual channel display you had to recode so it was the standby frequency
that got retuned - but you then had to build in the switch to flip the
frequencies over. Some designers never quite got this bit right.

Having looked at the FreeFlight forum there is already a wealth of posts on
FSX code and it is going to take some time to sort them all out. I notice
that Rick Piper has a problem in that his night time textures now turn his
aircraft transparent - it looks like FSX treats the LM masks differently.