[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX XML Gauges

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 15:59:50 EST

In a message dated 07/11/2006 13:46:43 GMT Standard Time, bones@xxxxxxx
writes:

Is there  any other program that lists variables like FS so that calculations
could  be tested on it?

bones

Bones, I think its more like defining an interface to the program.

I have to say that while writing the code for my XML gauges, most things
work as you would expect, but I've had some curious things happen while testing

the autopilot. Investigations show that these vary from aircraft to aircraft,
I'm concluding that having two autopilots running in parallel gives rise to
conflicts! More tests to do including adding the //lines in front of the
resident AP in the panel.cfg, to see if that makes things more consistent.

Sometimes I feel that adding things to FS is rather like shining a torch
into a dark warehouse. Where the light falls you can see what is happening, but

elsewhere who knows what's going on!

Frank T.