[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX XML Gauges

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 15:36:15 -0000

Switches in FS are a pain once you move away from the simple on/off variety
that can get triggered by the basic Toggle function. When you move to multi
position switches you find the default code in FS isn't friendly towards
custom design. Try replacing the linear flap lever in an aircraft by a
simple rocker switch and you'll see what I mean!

That is why many levers in FS are bar strip design - flaps, gear, fuel etc.
The code only allows you to step through the various settings rather than go
direct to a value. In my case a simple fuel selector that has two levers,
one for left tank off, aux and full and one for right tank off, aux and full
has been a real headache.